The Gordon Highlanders were originally raised by General George Gordon, fifth Duke of Gordon in 1794. It served throughout the Napoleonic Wars, famously grabbing hold of the stirrups of the Scots Greys Cavalry, charging into battle at Waterloo, to cries of ‘Scotland Forever!’ In 1881 they merged with the Stirlingshire Regiment, although retained the name of the Gordons. In 1994 the regiment merged with others to form the Highlanders Regiment, now in turn part of the Royal Regiment of Scotland.
Stands 10cm tall and is cast from high quality 100% lead-free pewter. Presented on a base of polished wood