The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders were formed in 1881, combining the old 91st Argyllshire and 93rd Sutherland Highlander regiments. The 93rd had been the ‘famous red line’ of the Battle of Balaklava in 1854. The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders’ uniform was notable in having the biggest cap badge in the British army. Their spiritual home is in Stirling Castle, which was used as a barracks for some time. The regiment was merged into the Royal Regiment of Scotland in 2006.
Stands 10cm tall and is cast from high quality 100% lead-free pewter. Presented on a base of polished wood,